Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Love Too" Project

I first saw this beautiful painting on Better Homes and Garden April 2010 issue, and I absolutely fell in love with it. I later on saw it again on Sex and the City movie in Carries apartment. Loved it again, so I looked it up online and found out it was actually not a painting, but a Needlepoint canvas by Paul Smith, oh my gosh, did you see the price on it? $3,125.00 So of course I gave my hopes up.


Luckily, my clever and artistic mentality told me not to give up, so I decided to make my own "Love Too" wall hanging. Except I know not how to Sew, let alone Needlepoint Stitching. I do however love to draw, so I decided to give my artistic hands a try, after not drawing for 5 years, I decided, why no? I love this! So all I needed was, awesome set of drawing pencils, I used a B pencil, coloring pencils, and nice thick drawing paper. There was one little detail that I did think about, I cannot draw it exactly the same nor color it identical, because of course, copyright, or patent rights, so all I did was change a few things of my own. Here's what I came up with.

First of, instead of drawing LOVE, I drew AMOR, which means love in Spanish! than I changed some colors of the letters, and very intricate designs of the vines. I also made it smaller, therefore it is my own now! The project alone, took me about 7 hours to complete, of course I didn't do it all it one day, with a 6 month old teething, and expecting more attention, sick husband home because of food poisoning, and messy house to clean, it took me about 1 week 1/2, but all together it came to about 7 hours. Check it out!
Ok, I'm still not done, I still need to get a great frame. Once I frame it up, than I will post the end result! Hope this inspired you to be creative, and don't let the dollar signs stop you from being able decorate the way you dream of at night!

Ok I finally framed it after all this time. What do you think? It's way smaller than the actual size, but I really like the way it turned out.


VOILA!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment