Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sunbursted

Hey there! Ok, so lately I have been seeing Sunburst Mirrors coming back. And I'm not going to lie, I didn't like them very much. In fact, they take me back to the very sepia 70's, weird creepy organ sounds, bell bottoms and platforms. Ugh...I am sorry if some of you like that haha but not exactly my style.
 

 

Back to the mirror, well they have grown on me very much. In fact, I want one. and I am thinking about DIYing my own. I really have been wanting one, and I am having a hard time deciding exactly how to go about it. I have seen many DIYers out there with great turn outs.

Paint Mixers from the hardware store



Plastic Spoons


Twigs


Mirror/Glass


Drift Wood



Candy Canes
 
 


So basically, I decided I want something more organic, rustic, but very hip and preppy. I am leaning more towards twigs, but seeing as though I live in a place where there are more pine cones than perfectly cut twigs, I might have to extend my imagination. This is what is in my mind!
 

 
But I also really like this beautiful Mirror by Sarah M. Dorsey. I just don't think I could glue those glasses around it without cracking them.
 
 
Well, I will think about it a little bit more. I'm super excited about this!
Thanks for stopping by today and keep coming back, I love to see you coming back.
 
 
XoXo
 
 
 

1 comment: